ADVERTISING CUT OFF FOR NEXT ISSUE 15 AUGUST 2018
Town Crier Berry advertising information
Why advertise in the Berry Town Crier?
Submission Cut Off Dates
Town Crier close-off dates for advertising and community group articles, 5pm deadline*
*Note: February edition is produced and printed in January etc.
Distribution approximately 1.5 – 2 weeks after close-off.
May – 18/4/18
Jun – 16/5/18
Jul – 13/6/18
Aug – 18/7/18
Sep – 15/8/18
Oct – 12/9/18
Nov – 17/10/18
Dec – 14/11/18
Single rate = $110 or
Repeat rate = $297 ($99 x 3 issues)
Dimensions: 10cm high x 6cm wide
Single rate = $143 or
Repeat rate = $363 ($121 x 3 issues)
Dimensions: 10cm high x 12cm wide
Single rate = $176 or
Repeat rate = $495 ($165 x 3 issues) Dimensions: 10cm high x 18.5cm wide
Single rate = $341 or
Repeat rate = $858 ($286 x 3 issues) Dimensions: 27cm high x 18.5cm wide
*Repeat rate applies to 3 or more issues with no changes and one invoice to be paid up front.
Trades & services
1 issue = $55
6 issues = $231 ($38.50 each issue)
12 issues = $396 ($33 each issue)
Dimensions are 6cm wide x 5cm high
*One box, no changes, one invoice paid up front.
Full length column advertorials
Advertorial can be used for local business owners and/or community groups not registered with the Berry Alliance to promote their fundraising event. Advertorials must be of interest to the Berry community in the opinion of the Editor and Board, not just an advertisement. This could be information on a new business or a special event or similar.
1 full column = $176 (max 400 words, less words when a logo or photo is used)
2 full columns = $242 (max 800 words, less words when a logo or photo is used)
Calendar of events page
1 issue = $71.50
6 issues = $297 ($49.5 each issue)
12 issues = $542 ($45 each issue)
Dimensions are 5.5cm wide x 5.5cm high
*One box, no changes, one invoice paid up front
Listing in calendar of events
Free if the event is listed in your paid advertisement for that issue – you must request the listing at the time of submitting your advertisement.
Otherwise: $32 per listing only.
- All rates include 10% GST and are payable in 7 days from date on invoice.
- New advertisers are required to pay in advance prior to advertising in first issue.
- Advertisements will not be accepted or printed where there is payment outstanding.
- We cannot guarantee the position of your advertisement on a particular page or side of the paper.
- Your contact name, address and telephone number must accompany your advertisement as well as the size of the advertisement you want and when and how often you want it to appear.
- Our graphic artist lays your advertisement as they do with the entire paper
- We cannot reproduce your entire advertisement from a “hard copy” by scanning it.
- Our graphic artist can lay your advert out to look the same if you provide clean images for us to scan (no text covering the image) or scanned images and the text for the advertisement.
- Not everyone has the same programs (or indeed computer) and we do not use any desktop publishing programs.
Advertisers can choose one of the following options:
Option 1: Deal directly with the Town Crier Editor
- Any wording should be as “text only” in the body of your email or saved as word document and emailed to email@example.com.
- Any scanned photos or logos please send as a .jpg or .png file by email. All jpeg files should be at least 300 dpi. Any files supplied at less than 300 dpi may not print correctly.
- Artwork sent as PDFs must be high quality, print ready PDFs. They must also have all fonts embedded in the PDF. A typical 72 dpi screen quality PDF is not acceptable.
Option 2: Deal directly with a graphic artist of your choice
- Book your advertising space with the Editor prior to deadline.
- Deal directly with your graphic artist to design your advertisement.
- Artwork must be sent to the Town Crier as a PDF; it must be a high quality, print-ready PDF. All fonts must be embedded in the PDF. A typical 72 dpi screen quality PDF is not acceptable.
- Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that their advert has been received by the Town Crier prior to deadline.